South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
Santee Coastal Reserve Wildlife Management Area
Latitude: 33.126 Longitude:-79.346
County: Charleston, Georgetown
Game Zone: 3,4
Property Type: WMA Specific
Hours of Operation
Regarding the August 21, 2017 Eclipse on this property:
- The Santee Coastal Reserve WMA will be open to the public on the day of solar Eclipse
- Please note that the WMA does not offer access to any beaches. The beaches of Cedar and Murphy Island can only reached by boat
- The Santee Coastal Reserve WMA does not have a public boat slip
- All offices and buildings on the WMA will be closed for the day of solar eclipse
- All campground spaces have been reserved at this point, there are no first-come first-serve spots left
Area closed to visitors during scheduled hunts. Additional hunting regulations apply to this property in Game Zone 6, refer to Rules & Regulations. The area is open for other allowable activities during daylight hours.
The Cape Trail is closed annually from November 1st through February 8th due to hunting related activities.
All camping is primitive. Please plan accordingly.
Please note that Murphy and Cedar Islands and their beaches are not accesible from the mainland. Visitors must provide their own transportation via watercraft.
Contact usJoachim Treptow
220 Santee Gun Club Road
McClellanville, South Carolina 29458
Emergency InformationEmergency - 911
DNR Law Enforcement: 1-800-922-5431
Forest Fire Dispatch: 1-800-777-3473
Report Litter Violations: 1-877-7LITTER
Report violations such as abuse, dumping, out-of-season hunting, plant thefts, vandalism, etc. Please call 1-800-922-5431 (available 24 hours/day, everyday).