South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
Congaree Bluffs Heritage Preserve
Map of Property
Directions to Property
- Take I-77 South
- Take Exit 9B , Turn right onto Leesburg Road
- Then take a Left turn onto Garners Ferry Road (Hwy. 378)
- Continue on Hwy 378 for 16.6 miles
- Then take a right turn onto McCords Ferry Road (Hwy. 601)
- Continue on Hwy 601 for 17.2 miles
- Turn right onto Fort Motte Road (SC-419)
- Continue on Fort Motte Road for 3.6 miles
- Turn right onto Turkey Track Lane and go about .3 mile
- Congaree Bluffs Heritage Preserve will be on your left.
From Charleston Take I-26 W to Exit 145 (US 601); travel north on US 601 approximately 15 miles; turn left on SC 419; follow SC 419 for 2.5 miles to the railroad tracks in Fort Motte; cross tracks and continue straight for approximatley 1 mile; turn right on Turkey Track Lane (dirt road); follow Turkey Track Lane for approximately 1 mile. There are two parking lots.