South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
Fort Frederick Heritage Preserve
Map of Property
Directions to Property
Fort Frederick Heritage Preserve is located in Beaufort County adjacent to Beaufort River in the Intracoastal Waterway. The preserve is accessed through the United States Naval Hospital at Beaufort.
(This route should take about 2 hours and 24 minutes from downtown.)
- I-26 E toward Charleston
- Take exit 169 A to merge onto I-95 S toward Savannah.
- Take exit 33 for US-17 toward I-95 Savannah.
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Charleston/Beaufort and merge onto US-17.
- Slight right to stay on US-17 (signs for Charleston/Beaufort)
- Slight right at Trask Pkwy/US-21. Continue to follow US-21.
- Turn right at N.Ribaut Rd/SC-281.
- Turn left at Casablanca Circle/Old Shell Rd. Continue to follow Old Shell Rd.
- Turn left at Old Fort Rd.
- Continue on through end of Old Fort Rd. and through the double gate.