South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
Crackerneck Wildlife Management Area and Ecological Reserve
Map of Property
Directions to Property
Crackerneck is located on the Savannah River Site in Aiken County adjacent to the Savannah River to the west with Georgia.
(This route should take about 2 hours from downtown.)
- Take I-26 W toward Greenville Take exit 107A to merge onto I-20 W toward Augusta.
- Take exit 22 toward Aiken.
- Turn left at US-1.
- Continue on York St. SE. Turn right at Park Ave SE.
- Turn left at Chesterfield St S/SC-19 and continue to follow SC-19.
- Slight right toward SC-1
- Slight right at SC-1.
- Turn left at Atomic Rd/SC-125
- Continue on SC 125 approximately 12 miles to Jackson.
- Turn right on Silverton Road (CR 63) and go 0.4 miles to stop sign on Main Street.
- Turn left on Main Street and go 0.4 miles to Brown Road.
- Turn right on Brown Road and go 2.1 miles until the pavement ends.
- At end of pavement, turn left on graveled road and go 0.2 miles to check station/entrance.